Though, traditional Victorian corsets are not in use these days but many women feel happy as they have considerably reduced their weight by wearing Victorian corsets continuously. Most people who have old corsets do not use them any longer to reduce their waist. Modern corsets have taken their place as they are made up of soft material and do not tighten the waist. Corsets are available in different designs and materials. Modern people consider a corset as a piece of undergarment that is worn under the main costume. But, this is not true because in many parts of the world women wear corsets even over the main costume to enhance their look and appearance. Earlier, it was believed that it is not possible to do any work after wearing a tight fit corset because it tightens the waist so much that it is very difficult for a woman to move about comfortably. But, this is not so because women wear modern day corsets to look slim and sexy. They wear corsets in parties, functions and even dance well after wearing this dress.
Modern day corsets are made with soft fabric such as cotton. The front of the corset is made with the metal busk and there is a lacing at the back so that women can easily lace herself in. Many women liked to tighten the lacing to get a small waist. Corsets play the same role day as is played by the bra. It helps to keep your bosom and busts in place and properly shaped. All the curves of your upper body are visible clearly and men can easily get attracted towards you if you wear a corset. Thus, you may choose the best corset of your choice from the internet to get a curvier look.
The one thing that you need to do if you have long legs is to make sure that their length is broken visually, so that they do not look disproportionate in terms of all of the other parts of your body. If you allow them to look like this, you will find that they will start to look a bit awkward. Thankfully, there is an arsenal of clothing that you can use in order to achieve this broken look. The nice thing about people with long legs is the fact that they can wear a lot of the style trends that most other women cannot.
Here is a guide to the clothes that you can use to enhance the length of your legs and ensure that you feel great about yourself.
- Dresses or skirts. These can be your best friends if you utilise them correctly. You can wear A-line skirts that have horizontal patterns on them as this draws the eye outward, as opposed to up and down. You can also wear skirts that have got dropped waistlines and that are pleated. Any pattern or style that is advised against for a petite person, can be worn by a tall person.
- Hemlines. When it comes to picking out the right dress, the hemline is important. Floor length will highlight how long your legs are, whereas skirts that finish above the knee or in the middle of the calf will give a nice balance to your general figure.
- In terms of pants, you should opt for capri pants, as well as three quarter pants. These are great for breaking the severe lines that full length pants can sometimes create, as well as exaggerated height.
- You should make sure that you wear boots in the winter, as these will also help make your legs look amazing. Any boot that you can tuck a pants leg into is a boot that you can wear.
- If you are wearing other shoes, you can go for shoes that are bright, which will draw attention mostly to your feel and ankles, as opposed to the whole length of your legs.
So, there you have it, ways in which to both accentuate and normalise long legs. Make sure that you buy only the best quality clothes to benefit from the full effect.
Flea markets that are away from cities tend to have a better choice of clothes than those in the city. Clothes are also cheaper here than in the city since the city has greater demand for items which drives prices up. Look for suburbs that are a slight distance from a city to find items that look good but at a cheaper price.
As a first time buyer, the cheap price might be so enticing that you end up buying many items simply because the price is too good. This is a rookie mistake and it makes no difference buying at a thrift shop if you will spend the same amount had you not. Buy only what you need and enjoy saving money.
Most shoppers are put off by the time it takes going through piles or rows of clothing just to find the right piece. Eliminate this thrifty buying disadvantage by shopping online. Shopping online allows you to look for items at the comfort of your home without getting tired. You can check out online thrift stores or online swap shops. Thrift stores give you a variety of items to choose from. Swap shops give you the advantage of bartering instead of buying. You get new clothes by swapping your old ones and save a lot of money.
A good strategy to use when buying pre-owned clothing is to get yourself wardrobe staples that you would otherwise find hard to get. This makes the purchase even more exciting when you get a quality item you need that will last for years. Get that little black dress, trench coat for all occasions, comfortable boots and trendy scarf.
Be safe by making sure that you clean well all items bought from thrift stores before you wear them. This eliminates chance for skin irritations due to dust and other particles that might be on the clothes. Wash well, check for stains and press well to give the items a clean crisp look.
This material makes most of the high-end designer hats. You can wear leather hats to most events as long as the hat matches well with the outfit. They require dedicated maintenance to keep that classy look for years. When handling such a hat, read carefully the instructions given and clean it professionally. Leather when poorly handled grows old fast and gets wrinkles making it impossible to wear.
Wool is a warm fabric and is very comfortable. It is a great choice for hats worn in cooler seasons such as fall and winter. It is also easy to clean thus making it easy to maintain as well. Remember that wool changes after it encounters water so make sure you clean according to the manufactures instructions to avoid shrinking or expanding. Most wool hats are not heavy, especially those that are woven. Woolen hats are most suitable for a casual event on weekends, brunch with ladies or a night out. Do not wear one to a dinner, a cocktail or a formal gathering.
Most wide brimmed hats and fedoras come in felt. They are great for fun, casual outdoor events. Since the material is light, they are good on hot days where the hat is worn for a long time. An advantage of a felt hat is its longevity. Although they are durable, they require proper maintenance to last a long time. Handle gently by holding them by their brim. Do not stuff them in bags or with clothes, as they will lose their shape.
Cotton hats are comfortable, absorb sweat and are good for sporty-day outs. When paired with shorts or trendy jeans they turn any simple outfit into a sophisticated athletic look. Ensure that you clean your cotton designer hats by hand with a lint roller to maintain shape and increase durability. They are however prone to stains and you should clean stains soon after they occur. Use a clean cloth warm water and hydrogen peroxide if necessary.
This is the highest group of boots, with it reaching to the hips. It is less common though as it is more of functional than for fashion and trends. It was originally used by fishermen as they got into the water. Nowadays, it has proven useful especially in flooded areas. This allows the people to go about the daily activities with ease as they wade through the water. In fashion, there is only one acceptable way of rocking hip boots and that is by having a miniskirt. The level of the skirt should be higher than where the boot reaches to.
These boots reach up to the knee. This is more common and very stylish, especially when worn with skirts. There are functionally worn by motorcycle riders and have in the past been worn by knights in battle. They create a very ideal fashion statement and can bring out a perfect look when worn appropriately. A common misconception though is that they should cover the knees. Such boots will really hurt you especially when you sit when you have them on. Therefore, never be misled to think they should help you hide your knees when you feel insecure about them.
These boots reach up to the calves. This height disapproves wearing them with skirts. Instead, they look better when worn with jeans. They can work very well to complement other accessories and jewelry you may have worn during that day. Most lace up high heel boots fall under this category, having been greatly adored by women over the past couple of years.
These are the lowest boots, reaching to the ankles. They are very great when it comes to flaunting great legs and thus allowable to wear with skirts. They are easy to wear and move around with thus making them a great choice for daily wear. They are also less conspicuous as compared to the other types and thus needs little emphasis to make them look superb.
- Vast experience in hair styling: a perfect hair stylist must possess plenty of experience & knowledge about the latest designs and trends, along with understanding what will look best for each type of face shape and even body type.
- Means of communicating with the customers: proper communication with the customers plays an indispensable part in capturing their attention, therefore a good hairstylist must possess good communication skills, and he/she should be able to listen & give feedback to the clients for giving good haircuts.
- Gentle and soft-spoken nature: No one wants to take a haircut or style from someone who is rough with them. This refers to gentle hands as well as a gentle behavior.
- Proper Education & knowledge about the latest trends: If you aren’t motivated to continue learning about the latest techniques and popular hairstyle trends of the moment, then you are going to fall out of touch and lose potential new clients.
- Organizational skills: You should be able to maintain a neat work station and keep all your appointments organized. If you’re a mess, people aren’t going to want to work with you.
- Steady hands:This one’s obvious. If you don’t have steady hands, then you aren’t going to give the most flawless haircuts every time.
As you examine what’s available within the community nearby you, you may wish to look for a hair salon that may be able to offer you with the attention, products and hair designs that you simply desire.